Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Friday, August 29, 2014

If You Aint Failing, You Aint Learn'n

Last night I tried my first QHHT session with my daughter. On the face, it was a complete failure. I couldn't get her relax even a little and nothing worked. I suspected family would be hard, and they I got on the QHHT help forums and found out the family members can be the absolute worst. A man is never a prophet in his home town, yes?

But afterwords we talked. We talked for about two to three hours about the course, it's purpose, metaphysics, and a lot about how we both deal with stress, problems, and growing up. (She's 24) And I learned she didn't interpret the instructions the same way everyone else I've ever talked to has. And she felt that it was her fault. I reassured her that it wasn't her fault, I really need more practice.

The QHHT course includes scripts to get you started, and there is some pressure on us practitioners to perform "pure" QHHT. While I absolutely understand the reasons while purity is important, there has to be flexibility for people of different backgrounds who see things differently, and different capabilities who can't perform the visualizations required by the official script. Especially, I think, for young people of the video game generation who may find gaming works more compelling than reality. When I was a teenager, even in to my twenties, visualizing my favorite, most peaceful place, would have taken me to a scene out of some novel, not a real, or even an idealized real place.

At one point, I asked her to picture herself floating up to a cloud, but she couldn't do it. She just can't picture herself floating. So it's clear to me that I have to rewrite the official scripts into something that uses images and actions she can relate to, while preserving the intent and serving the same purpose as the original.

She is open and curious to try again, so we will. I'll try some different ideas and see what happens. You try, you fail, you try again, and you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment