Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Quantum Healing

Yesterday I finished my class in Quantum Healing Hypnosis Therapy created by Dolores Cannon, (http://www.dolorescannon.com/). This is what finally got me off the divot and now I'm actually creating something. Well, the truth is that I am to the point where I simply have to do something, the idea of going back and spending more years writing code, well, let's say that it just does not still well with me.

Over the past four years I have been slowly drifting back into the world of musical theater and choirs and rekindling my psychic phenomena and alternative healing. I was heavily into music and community theater in collage, dropping out two classes shy of my bachelors in music because I was certain that I could never make any money at it, 'cause "I wasn't good enough."

There was a certain amount of truth in that. At the time I approached music and art as an escape and way of being not. Not like my father or brothers. My father was an engineer and though I have considerable talents in that area, I wanted nothing to do with it. So, while I also have some musical talent, I was obsessive about being right, being correct and I had too much ego involved and such a huge fear of failure that I simply couldn't trust myself to produce a performance that people liked to see.

Long story short: I worked as a software engineer for twenty years and raised a couple of daughter and eventually came to the conclusion that Science, (capital 'S') had really missed the boat in regards to psychic phenomena and alternative healing. Science has dug in it's collective heels and, in some ways, can be just as oppressive and dogmatic as any religion in insisting that some "facts" Shall Not Be Questioned. No matter how much evidence is staring them in the face. So I question.

Which brings me back to the present. Now I approach music and performance in general, even rehearsals and an opportunity to learn something. That probably sounds somewhat cliche, but I find it endlessly interesting to watch other people work and see how they do what they do. There's a lot more to singing and acting than I ever realized before. Which turns the fun factor way up and the fear factor way down.


While I am certified in Reiki, ThetaHealing (www.dnathetahealing.com) and a handful of other healing modalities, I never got "out there" and set up a practice because I feel that, despite my successes, I'm not intuitive enough to make them work effectively. But QHHT is right up my ally, it doesn't require channeling energy or sensing anything, it just takes proven hypnotic techniques to a new level. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment