Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Follow the Bird

I had idea for a way to refresh my meditation sessions: I had been noticing images pop into my head, from time to time, while I was lying there with my eyes closed. Usually they came and went so quickly that they barely registered. Yesterday I had the idea to go with them and see where they went. Not to try and do anything with them, just notice them and be with them and watch what happens, without any expectations.

Yesterday, when I tried this idea, I had a little fun. I first noticed just a flash of turquoise water. Then I just let it come back and just looked at it, without trying to make any sense of it. I just let it form, at it’s own pace, until I had a complete image.

What I was seeing was turquoise ocean water, view for directly above. Maybe 100 or so feet above. The sea was a little choppy, but not big waves. I had the impression that there was a small, rocky island, just to the right, slightly out of the picture. Just going with it, it felt warm, like the Mediterranean. I watched the waves move for a bit, then, as though I raised my head, the picture shifted until I was looking horizontally, out toward a coastline in the far distance. Then I saw the white head and realized that I was a bird, a seagull, flying over the sea. That was it.

Nothing really earth shattering, just a nice, peaceful little few moments in the life of a bird. Like a small vacation from my daily worries. No worries there, nothing to do there, no future to worry about. Just gliding through the clear, bright air. I don’t know if there was a message there, but it was nice, none the less.

I have a lot of pictures pop into my head, from time to time, and I’ll now take some time to explore them. Perhaps they’ll just be interesting, or maybe they might lead to some journeys with teachings and healings for me. I doesn’t really matter, it’s all a learning experience. There are so many things we ignore in our endless race to pass the test, get the job, earn the buck, and that leaves each of us to discover them on our own. We could value the inward journey and teach our children from a early age things to do and what types of things to expect. But, instead, we ignore it entirely and leave every person to discover it on their own, with all the false steps and dead ends that are inevitable when people are wandering in uncharted territory.

It’s really so sad. There are so many out there promoting fear and hate and exclusion as “spiritual,” and they get away with it because no one is taught what spirituality is, and to distinguish it from blind faith and fanaticism. And so, for the nonce, we must each blaze our on paths. I wish you the best on your journey and I pray that you will find help that will allow you discover your own path, and not insist that you take theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment