Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

It’s a girl!

This week we did a section on past life regression. Yeah, I know, I’ve been involved in that for about a year now, but now I got the information from a hypnotherapy perspective. I originally came to the whole hypnosis thing from a perspective of Dolores Cannon’s QHHT training, and that was mostly “follow the script.” Now, as I’ve gone through hypnotherapy, training I’ve learned to recognize how the script is put together, what the various pieces are for and where they came from. I’ve also noticed some weaknesses in the scripts that I’ve slowly been working on improving. One thing I’ve learned is that basic regression is much simpler than Dolores’s model might lead you to expect. That said, I have no problem with her creating a “cookbook” script that most people can use, that will work for most people, most of the time, and do no harm.

In class, the teacher did a group regression for the demonstration. For the induction, she used a novel, (to me) visual of a grandfather clock that ticked backwards! Interesting. My experience, this time, was probably the most “normal” regression I’ve ever had, which was nice since I often get the really weird stuff.

In my regression, I found myself a woman, in her early twenties, standing on a cobblestone street. I sensed horses and carriages in the distance. I was wearing brown boots with a medium heel. I kept thinking how difficult it was to walk on cobblestones in these boots. I was pretty, with long dark hair. I was wearing a dark dress, with a skirt with a black hem with flowers embroidered all the way around. I was carrying a drawstring purse. It seemed to me that the dress didn’t seem to match the period. “Gipsy” popped into my head.

When I wondered about the city, I got London. I questioned that, because it felt wrong, and saw a glimpse of the same girl, but much younger, standing on a street in New York city. So, perhaps she was a American in London. That could explain the dress as well.

Going to the place where I lived, I saw a modest townhouse with greenery around it. Inside, I saw Mother in the kitchen, but everybody else in the house were shadows. (I took that to mean that she was so preoccupied with herself that she paid no attention to anyone else, except Mother.) I saw her room, which was very light, had a white iron bed, a large dresser with a white marble top and a large mirror. The top of the dresser was covered with brushes, combs, hair pins and other stuff.
Moving forward to her death, I saw confusion. It took place in the parlor of the house. There was a large dark, male presence there, and there was no details about him. He was just a man-shaped dark thing. He did something violent that killed her, but she had no idea what was going on. I sensed cutting and blood. She seemed to be turning around, wide eyed, in complete bewilderment as everything turned upside down.

We didn’t spend any time on meanings or lessons while in trance. But afterwards I got the feeling that my current life is all about learning to be with that kind of person and attitude. I certainly have come a long way on that, but I still have my triggers to deal with. I think that seeing this life was a reminder of what it was like to be on the other side, and that I’m not my brother’s keeper, as it were. The people that I deal with are on their own path and my suffering about what they do, or not do, is entirely my choice. I can get tied up in knots about whether they are treating me as I would prefer or I can just be with it and move on in my life, and, as of yesterday, it certainly seems easier to let it blow by and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment