Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Love and Healing

Dusty, the cat, is a little hoarse. My daughter pointed out to me the other night that cries sounded weak and scratchy, that you could hear congestion when she breathed, and seemed sluggish and bleary-eyed. The next day Dusty stayed inside the whole day, not usual for her at all, and slept.

In the late afternoon I was writing and she was sleeping on a chair near me, doing the curl-into-a-ball thing. She seemed peaceful enough. But I noticed, after a while, that about every five to ten minutes she would get up and lay back down on the opposite side, as though she couldn’t get comfortable. So, once I finished writing, I carefully scooped her up and carried her to the family room where my wife was watching something. There I settled her on my lap and did my healing thing. She protested, weakly, when I picked her up, but otherwise seemed content. I did my “laying on of hands” thing for about 20 minutes when she suddenly perked up, hopped down to go eat, and shortly thereafter went outside. Noticeably perkier.

The next day, I was writing in the living room when Dusty decided to move in on my lap. She seemed better, but still somewhat sluggish. As she was doing her walk-back-and-forth-across-my-lap-sticking-her-tail-in-my-face thing, I was running my hands over her, as I usually do, and noticed two distinct hot spots, one right behind the right shoulder and the other at the right hip. I put my hands on those places and did the energy thing. She immediately stopped moving, then, after a short time, squatted down and held that position for several minutes while I kept my hands in place. When she’d apparently had enough, she unceremoniously got up, walked to another part of the couch and squatted down, purring loudly.

After that she seems much better. Still hoarse, but otherwise acting like her normal self. I like to think I had something to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment