Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Lifesavers don't all come in fruit flavors


Lots of thoughts today. I was just reading about a QHHT session where the client was a little girl who could speak to animals. Her job was to take are of animals. She eventually starved to death, but without pain or regret. Wow. This really gave the client what he was looking for, closure.

I love reading about sessions like these, they really resonate with me and get to think. Perhaps I have something like that in my past, or I have similar issues to resolve, but I like them like a great novel or movie, where you can lose yourself in the story and still live in it long after it ends, and I wish I could have had that experience.

That client came in to find closure. He was waiting to die and didn't want to leave any lose ends that would need to be tied up later. Perhaps it seems a little sad or morbid, but I have felt the same way for a few years now. It happened while I was working with a spiritual teacher that helped me resolve some issue that had something to do with my purpose and what mattered in life. At one point I realized that none of it really mattered and I could walk away from everything at anytime. Then I felt completely at piece and couldn't think of anything else to do with the rest of my life.

At this same time, the teacher told me that I had a "death's door" coming up. She had to explain what that was, I had never heard of it before: Death doors are points in your life where you have the choice to stay or exit. This isn't necessarily a conscious choice, but was built in when you designed your life. Once I understood the concept, I realized that I had read about them in stories of other people's past lives. (In one case, a boy drowned at sea in a small boat, because his higher self had looked forward and, deciding that what was coming up was both awful, and didn't contribute to the his soul's evolution, took the opportunity to end the life at that point.) Shortly after that, around a week or two, I was bicycling my way to work and was narrowly missed by a speeding car. I had just turned left off a main road onto a side street. Usually I turned to the center of the street and then cross to the side, (now that I think of it, that wasn't a very smart thing to do) but on that particular day I stayed against the center divider instead. That may have saved my life, as the car would have taken me out if I'd crossed the street.

I didn't make too much out of that, at the time, but I have continued on for years with the idea that I'm ready to go, whenever. I'm not saying I want to die, I just didn't see any particular reason to keep on dealing with the daily BS that life hands out.

So maybe getting laid off and discovering QHHT was literally a lifesaver. It gave me something to look forward to and a purpose: To help others both directly, by working with them, and indirectly, by sharing what I've learned. Stretching you mind and discovering who you really are only matters if you have a reason to do so. Learning only matters if you have something to apply it to and life only matters if you can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment