Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Knowing What You Know


I'm still reading The Custodians: Beyond Abductions by Dolores Cannon and have reached the part that deals with not getting information until you are ready for it. I'm finding it hard to read this book. When ever I pick it up, I like what I read, but I can only read a part at a time before I have to put it down again. I find it very intriguing over all, and some of the interactions between Dolores and the entities that she talks to are very cool.

For instance, there is one conversation that halts, in mid sentence, for a long pause. The woman who's facilitating the conversation can see some kind of meeting, but can't hear what's going on. Eventually a new, female, personality appears and explains the the other entity was called away because of a .... "situation" and she would be continuing the conversation. Perhaps I'm just a sucker, but I love that kind of detail. It puts me in the story so much more than a dry conversation.

I've had a few times in my life where a story appeared to me while I was watching something. The first time, I was watching a documentary about classical Greece. The host was walking through the forum of a classical Greek town that had been abandoned and, somehow, survived to the present day. Usually the marble from that era was "harvested" by later periods. (The cathedral at Pisa, for instance, contains blocks still showing their original, Roman, inscriptions.) While I was watching this, I had the strong feeling of what it was like to be there, back in the day. Nothing specific, but the feel of the grass and columns, the feel of the air. The hot sun on your back and the dirt on your feet as you exercised at the gymnasium. It suddenly made the entire program much more interesting.

The section of the book I'm reading now has a long section about releasing information only when the recipient, and the world in general, was ready for it. They didn't say this in so many words, but I really got how information delivered too soon could cause fear, not enlightenment. They were concerned that "negative forces" would be able to use the information to our detriment, if we weren't properly prepared. There was another issue as well, one that wasn't clear, and perhaps, couldn't be made clear because it deals with issues we don't understand yet.

I'm fairly sure that information at the wrong time can have consequences beyond just not understanding or misunderstanding. We all know that giving a child the wrong information can confuse and frighten them, even if the information is absolutely true and correct, but I think that there is other damage it can do. The entities are pretty vague about this, or maybe they're explaining it as clearly as possible but I just don't have the background to make sense of what they are saying.

I suspect that is why I'm only able to read this book a piece at a time: I have to absorb each piece before I can move on. If you think about this, there are massive implications about how much we really know about what's going on around us. For instance, at one point, they tell Dolores that certain information she has received is not to be published until a certain time. Shortly after getting the information, she wanted to transcribe the tape it was on, for safekeeping, and she couldn't find it. That tape remained missing for ten years, despite several attempts to locate it. Then, at the appointed time, it appeared in her desk drawer, right where she remembered putting it.

Yes, I know that there are many prosaic explanations of these events, including it was a complete fabrication, but I tend to accept it as presented, if only because similar thing have happened to me. In both cases, mine and Dolores', there was another 'knowing' going on that made it clear to us that this wasn't just a random event. In my case I knew that someone was sending me a message, letting me know they were there and they could mess with me, if they wanted to.

I see I'm beginning to drift into another topic, so I'll end this here. Dolores' books contain a wealth of information that you can only digest when you are ready. If anything I've said calls to you in any way, get one of her books and start reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment