Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

An End to Back Pain

Today I'm working outside. I want to absorb as much of the nice weather as I can before fall truly sets in. Though, with the drought, it may be another winter where it never really gets cold. <darn!>

After my time with Landmark, I found myself sliding into the world of New Age energy healing, you know, crystals, auras and all that woo-woo stuff that I'd always dismissed. That happened when a counselor that my wife and I were going to turned out to be psychic and a teacher. We ended up taking her classes in something called ThetaHealing, and I later went on to study Reiki, the Akashic Records, and a number of other things.

This counselor introduced me to a "beliefs" in a new way. She had techniques for uncovering and removing them directly, and that was so much faster than anything I had seen before. Though, to be fair, the techniques we used then, just seven years ago, are really clumsy and tedious compared to what I have now. I have been told that this is because of an acceleration of learning due to what Rupert Sheldrake calls "Morphic Resonence," where new learning becomes part of a "Morphic Field," or global collective unconscious and once there, anyone can access that learning to learn faster and go further than their predecessors.

At any rate, we spent a lot time with working uncovering and removing beliefs, which allowed me to be more open to new ways of looking at things. The most spectacular removal happened, of all places, when I was sitting at my kitchen table.

We had been working, on and off, on my back problems. I had lower back pain since my late teens, and I had worked out, early on, that there didn't seem to be any physical limitation involved. I seemed to have all the flexibility and strength in my back that I needed, yet it hurt. Sometimes better, sometime worse, occasionally crippling, and, even at the best of times, it always seemed to be hovering in the background.

We had been working on this for quite some time, but it seemed to be something we just couldn't get at. She released and cleared a lot of stuff, but something just wouldn't budge. It felt to me like a dark mass in my back that would not let go. But then there was an evening when, as I was sitting at the kitchen table with nobody else around, there was this big feeling of whoosh! Where was something whooshing right up and out of my body. It was a very strange feeling. Afterword, I felt much lighter and peaceful, and that "dark mass" was gone. I can definitely say that, since that time, I have not had any back pain. Even that feeling of a shadow pain, hovering, just waiting to come out, is gone.

I have no idea what that "dark mass" was, or where it went, but I do know that the belief work layed the foundation that allowed it to be released. That's what belief work all about, it's not the be all and end all of energy healing, but it is an essential tool that every healer should know. No matter what techniques you use as a student or healer, stumbling blocks related to beliefs will come up and knowing how to recognize them and process them out, makes it easier on both you and your client.

No comments:

Post a Comment