Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Late Night Obsessions

I woke up about 3 am last night and couldn't get back to sleep. My body was acting like there was something really important I should be doing, Right Now! But I had no idea what it was. The dream I awoke from was about getting people to take responsibility. In the dream, I was in the show Utopia Limited, among the palm trees, trying to get various people to take responsibility for something, with no luck, but it was really important. Even now I feel anxious, on edge about something, but I don't know what.

After a couple of hours, a phrase slowly began to construct itself in my head. Each bit took a lot of struggle, plowing through "stuff" to find the correct word or phrase. The whole process seemed to take hours, with false starts and sidetracks, and times when I just wanted to forget about the whole thing and go to sleep, but it was too important. Finally I got the whole phrase and then, poof, all the struggle urgency disappeared. Go figure. The phrase was: "I need to acknowledge and take responsibility for my anger and hate towards ignorance and stupidity." Ooookaaay.... Yah, I'm not sure I get it either, but it is what it is, so, perhaps it will make sense down the road.

It also occurred to me, in the wee hours of the morning, that I should write about "soul mates" or "twin flames." There is a lot of confusion and distress about this topic and it's really a lot simpler and more common than legend would have it. What I'm talking about is that feeling, when you meet someone for the first time, that you've known them before. It can be a full blown as you know everything about them and you just absolutely click, or just a profound sense of connection that simply won't go away.

Popular culture would have you believe that this is "the one," "the only," your "soul mate" for life, etc., which can cause a lot of problems if the other is the wrong age, sex, race, whatever, or you're already in a committed relationship. Relax, it doesn't necessarily mean that, it's just the recognition, on a subconscious level, that you have been in some kind of relationship with this person in a previous incarnation. It could have been husband/wife or lover, but it's more likely that was mother, father, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, grandmother, grandfather or something else. It, in no way, means you must drop everything to be with that person, it could be that that person came here to challenge you, not complete you. So there is absolutely no reason to beat yourself up about having feelings for the "wrong" person. You have complete free will. You will not thwart some "cosmic destiny" if you ignore them or blow them off or stay "just friends." Your are not trapped by "karma," you are free to have whatever relationship with them that feels comfortable, or non at all. Use your best judgment.

I have gone through this. Over the past few years I have been noticing more and more of these connections appear, and had they confused me at first. I didn't know to do, so I just ignored them and put up with the lingering thought in the back of my mind that there was something wrong with me. It was just in the past few months that I put two and two together and realized, <facepalm> "Duh! We've known each other before!" And there's no real need to pick up that relationship again, especially if the other person doesn't get it.

It doesn't really matter what the last relationship was, because the two of you have probably had many. You play all the parts from different perspectives to understand all aspects of the human experience. So, relax. On your journey you will reach a point where these people start showing up. (Well, actually they've been there all along, you just didn't notice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment