Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My First Regression

My first regression from many years ago, back before I had heard anything about past life regressions, before I know what it was called, or what it was for. I just thought it as called "hypnosis." I think that, at the time, I was so disconnected that I suppose the information was there but just went completely past me without my noticing it.

In my vision I was a small boy, maybe eight, sitting on a tall stool in a small hut in a forest. It was night and the room was lit only by the light of a fireplace. I was watching an old man with a beard mixing something in glassware in front of the fireplace. Behind me was a beat up, heavy wooden table covered with glassware of all different kinds, like alchemists use. My cloths were plain and simple, what you would expect for a medieval peasant. I don't think I wore any shoes. The old man had some kind of corse robe. I mostly remember the firelight flickering on his face and the glassware on the table. The forest was very dark and the trees very big. That's all there was.

This was in the early days and it wasn't part of the process to ask questions and try and build a life story that could be relevant to me now.

To some extent I think the images are influenced movies and painting on fantasy novels. Remember, this was the mid '70s and there were none of the special effects in movies, TV, or video games that are common today. But, while there is a certain Disney-esque quality to the images that I can't ignore, that doesn't mean the entire thing is fabricated, it's just been "dressed up" a bit to suit who I was at the time and what I could accept.

I had forgotten about this for along time, but it just came back to me in the last day or so. I think it has to do with me being full of wonder at a new world laid out in front of me. It wasn't that long ago that I found the world a confining place. I was boxed in on all sides by a materialist paradigm that left no room for purpose. I was strangling on the meaningless of it all, suffocating on my own, smug, self-righteousness. The day I said "the hell with it!" and gave myself permission to read and see and think of all those things that are not "supposed" to exist, was the day I became free to be that child again. I could once again wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment