Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Friday, September 26, 2014

Close Your Eyes and See

Today I was listening to some readings from Seth Speaks while I meditated. Well, maybe half listened. I started thinking about the part in the beginning where he talked about there being many realities but our senses and training are designed to block all but one. I wanted to see these other realities. I want to know what's really there. Other people can, at least they say they can, so why can't I? Then I had a thought: What if I pretended that I could see without my eyes, what would I see? Next I thought, why not, I'll just lie here with my eyes closed and imagine what might be there, and what it would look like.

So I did, I "looked" around me. I could see through the walls of the house, with the studs and wiring. I could see out into the back yard and the street behind me. I could see some white, people-shapes, that I took to be entities of some kind, one next to my bed and some outside, in the back yard.

The fruit trees were very beautiful, filled with streams of purple and magenta swirling up the trunks. Each like a babbling brook, with eddies and backwaters and specked with flashes of yellows and greens. The streams spread out and diffused into the branches and leaves. The tops of the trees were surrounded by sparkles, brighter and denser on the parts in direct sunlight. I took those to have something to do with photosynthesis and the conversion of sunlight into food.

The dead posts of the arbor were dull, transparent, and lifeless. The metal furniture and fittings were dark gray to black. I think the color depended on the kind of metal and how thick it was. The lemon tree was like the fruit trees except the colors were lighter, more yellow. Go figure.

The pomegranates were deep red inside, the lemons were much a much lighter red, just around the seeds. I think that represents the amount of energy stored in the fruit.

I didn't think to look at the apple tree, I'm thinking now that it and the apples would be greener. At least that's how it seems now.

I didn't really look at the other people in the house, but I did notice them in passing as multicolored blobs, noticeably brighter, rounder and more active than the plants. I briefly looked into the street, behind me and, even though there no cars or people moving, there seemed to be a lot of activity. Like everything was alive and shimmering, vibrating, and giggling. I know, but it just seems like the best word to describe how it looked.

Maybe perception is a matter of what you expect and what you look for. Maybe all those other channels are there, ready and waiting, and all we have to do to find them is to close our eyes and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment