Facebook

Join us on FaceBook where I frequently post relevant links and articles.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Trust

Today was an interesting day. I spent the entire day in the Lyric Theater warehouse working on the Utopia Limited sets. We open at the end of September. The show takes place on a tropical island and there's lots of palm trees and jungle foliage everywhere. I volunteered to paint foliage because I wanted to learn, and this particular set designer allows you to do interesting stuff. Most designers don't allow you to use anything more precise than a eight inch roller, but this guy is willing to teach. At one point last week he asked if I was interested in copying some design from one flat to another, today I spent most of my time drawing palm trees and plants. If you think drawing a six foot palm tree on a ladder ten feet from the floor, is easy, think again.

It's so cool because I have been terrified of doing any such thing all of my life. I always wanted to, and thought I could, but whenever any opportunity appeared I hesitated until it was too late. I also took the opportunity to pass out some of my new business cards to many of the people who showed up. My QHHT business cards. I still have some reservations about letting people know what I'm doing. Are they going to look at me weird, make fun of me, I don't know what. But the taboo against begin publicly connected with anything like reincarnation is strong enough to give me pause. Even after what I've seen and know.

But I did it anyway. And nothing has happened. Yet. At least that's what it feels like. At some point I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to deal with some crap from the narrow minded, but not yet. So far, the reactions have been mostly positive, or neutral, and the ones that weren't, well, I don't think I have worry about them.

Here's the part where the trust has to kick in. If I'm on the right path, the path I need to follow, then I need to trust that the right things will fall into place. I don't know what those things will be or when they will happen, but without that trust I might as well crawl into bed and pull the pillow over my head. So I choose to trust that what I need will show up when I need it.






No comments:

Post a Comment